Join James in a Merry Dance.
• Step lightly from the picturesque mountains of England’s Lake District to the enduring Great Pyramid of Ancient Egypt.
Before you start your journey
• Check at the end of your garden for fairies and dragons.
• Look under flowerpots turned upside down for pebbles or stones.
• Ensure there is no container of water harboring frogspawn.
During your travels
• Find the time to visit the Library of Congress, in Washington D.C.
• Explore a ghost town in New Jersey.
• Avoid an icebound prison planet, located in a distant galaxy.
• Do not hold a conversation with brown bears.
• Do not bring home samples of tree fungus.
• Hide under the covers when things go bump in the night.
Some of the short stories that make up this collection date back to the 1970s. The Great Pyramid was entered in a competition set by the UK publication Writing Magazine in 1973, where it was judged, runner-up. More recently, Ring of Ice was the third choice out of 124 entries in a completion run by Master Class, who offer exclusive online lessons.
Merry Dance is a collection of 22 illustrated short stories and 3 poems, covering a cross-section of genre, full of surprises, thought-provoking, and sometimes humorous.
Originally available online, they have been expended and revised. One story is a short 500 words, while others are up to 3300 words long. The average length is 1700 words.
I was completely enchanted by the poetry and short stories! Lovely flow and prose throughout. Although some of the stories left you without closure, I found that added to the charm. I will likely need the poems over again and delve into the hidden meaning they hold. Delightful read into new realms of wonder.
This charming collection of fanciful stories and poems is the perfect antidote to a long wait in a doctor’s office. It will likely amuse and pique the curiosity of readers trapped on a boring train or plane ride. The author doesn’t always solve the paranormal problems he presents, but pondering them will make for an entertaining short read.